Honestly, I kinda feel like a heifer lately.
Before you say anything, I know that I'm not a heifer. I know I don't look like a heifer. But I do feel like a heifer. And it's time for me to start making some progress in the box. So, I'm committing myself to the Whole 30.
Here's what I like about it:
- It's strict. It's not messing around. I like that. I need that. I'm not a 'moderation' kind of gal.
- It's whole food. Whole food is generally better than processed food.
- Other people will be doing this too.
- I need the discipline.
Here's what I don't like about it:
- There's a huge section on what I can't eat. (Don't tell me what I can't do!!!)
- I can't eat a lot of what I've been eating.
- I can't eat ice cream.
It's been a stressful summer for me. At times, I've been great with my eating. OK, there haven't been too many of these times. I need to lay off the booze for a while. And honestly, I need to challenge myself.
Here's what I'm most interested in finding out:
- Will my skin clear up? I hope so, because it's been a disaster this summer.
- Will I set some strength PRs? I hope so, because it's time.
- Will I break? I never stick to eating plans. Never!!! When I try, it's all I think about until I go to the freezer and get the aforementioned ice cream.
- This will start next week. I need to move again in the next few weeks. Moving = stress and trying to find convenient food. Be prepared!!!
- I have like 5 bottles of wine in my fridge. Am I supposed to drink these within the next week? What about all the other crap in my kitchen?
- I will be ornery! Like, super ornery. Deal with it!
- No Luna Protein Bars. Have you had these? They're like candy bars, but better (I think).
- Seriously, no ice cream?
I may need to think about this again.