30.1.10

Why

Why should someone else do this? Why would anyone want to join Crossfit?
I don't know. It seems to be different for everyone. Some people are natural athletes. They realize this school of thinking about fitness is different and it produces results that they can't achieve otherwise. That's not me. I'm not an athlete. I never will be. It's OK. It's not who I am.
Some people want to lose weight. I understand that. I've wanted to lose weight over the past five years. As a result of Crossfit, I've lost 13 pounds. But that's not why I'm doing it. If it was the reason, I would have lost another five pounds by now.
Some people want to be better at other sports or activities, like running. For some reason, Crossfit makes you a better runner. I can see this too, even though, as I said last week, I don't really like running. But I like the idea of it.
I think for me, the reason I do this is because I need something else to think about for four hours of the week. Whenever I'm at Crossfit, I can't think about anything else. I focus on what I'm doing and I get better. It's that simple. I think about Crossfit a lot outside of the gym, while I should be thinking about other things, but that's a distraction. I need time during the week to block out everything else and just do something that makes me uncomfortable.
As a result, I've lost weight. I'm better at running. I'm better at a lot of things. I need to figure out how to manage all my thoughts outside of work and outside of Crossfit. Just so much on my mind lately. But anyway, as a result of Crossfit, I look much better in pictures.
That's me in the middle - the skinny one in the green shirt who looks like a fast runner. I didn't look like that before.

1 comment:

Emilee9 said...

Nice work!!! Funny, that's me in the white...apparently CF has caused my butt to turn into a larger muscle than I realized...ha ha...
If I didn't know better, you would think I was yelling at the Sara Lee truck, filled with gluten laced loaves of bread,to get the hell away from us. ha ha!!!

Keep up your awesomeness!!!