5.2.10

Shape Up for the Big Day!

I've been getting a lot of emails from random companies about my upcoming wedding. Today's email wanted to tell me how to get in shape for it. They obviously don't know who they're emailing. I really wish there was a person on the other end of the email because what I'd really like to do is hit 'Reply' and tell them that I don't need to shape up for my big day. I don't need a pair of 5 pound weights to make my arms look toned - I'll just do some pull-ups! Haven't these people heard of Crossfit?
I've never been one to try really hard to look better for something in the future. I didn't even go to my high school reunion. Whenever I think I have to look better for an event, it all seems so far away and I get bored two weeks after starting something. And this wedding is a pretty good chunk of time in the future - a year and a half. If I started now, I might lose those 10 pounds! I'm going to look awesome for my wedding as long as I keep doing what I'm doing - and I have no intention of stopping. I might even do burpees at the reception just to show off (but not handstands - not like I can do those yet anyways).
And you know what I'd really like to do - arm wrestle someone! I was always really bad at arm wrestling. For some reason, I used to do it quite a bit in college. But now I have some strength in these arms and I might be able to get some money out of them. I'd love to just walk into a bar - like the one on the corner where we turn to go to Crossfit- the bar that's always open - and challenge someone, anyone to an arm wrestling match. Maybe that's the movie I should write. Average girl gets buff and uses arm wrestling as an escape from her boring life. She becomes like the best ever. It'll be like Over the Top meets Saturday Night Fever. That's how I'm going to get in shape for my wedding.

No comments: