3.10.11

The Variable

In science and in life (and in LOST), we know that we deal with constants


I love you, Penny!
and we have variables.




In the Whole 30, my constant has been food. I control it. I fix it. I know what I'm eating and why. So when we had a little Whole 30 meeting yesterday and everyone was talking about how great they felt and the PRs they were setting, I felt bad. I don't feel any different. I'm not setting PRs. Why isn't this working?


I started thinking about when you want something so bad (I want to change. I want to set PRs. I want to lose weight) .... if you want it too bad, it's just not going to happen (this tends to happen in other parts of my life).


But then I started looking at the bigger picture. I'm stressed out right now. While my living situation is helpful and fairly pleasant, I need to find my own place. It's super stressful.


But I know the situation will change. I know things will be fine. But I'm reassessing my last week of the Whole 30.

  • Say yes to social invites! My friend invited me to see the Blue Man Group tomorrow night. Normally, I'd be pretty indifferent, but I'm saying yes. It will be fun. I will enjoy it.
  • Relax. This is more difficult than it should be for me. Take time to relax. Find ways to unwind, no matter what (gah! I'm terrible at relaxing!)
  • Try not to eat so much fruit. What does this have to do with anything? It's more sugar than I should be eating. I need more detox.
  • Don't work out so much. If I'm working out 5 days a week and not improving, maybe I should just calm down.
And honestly, the play-offs aren't helping. The 9th inning of the game yesterday was SUPER stressful. And now the Yankees have tied it up again. 

Deep breaths.

No comments: